UART stutters on startup

The SparqEE CELLv1.0 device.
donjohnii
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: UART stutters on startup

Postby donjohnii » Tue May 02, 2017 10:28 pm

Miq1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Miq1 » Tue May 02, 2017 11:14 pm

I will try today and report the outcome. I would suggest, though, to check the recent firmware version ZTE is using. I suppose it will be different from the one currently deployed in the Cell and may have some bugs fixed.

Miq1

Postby Miq1 » Wed May 03, 2017 3:07 am

donjohnii
Site Admin

Postby donjohnii » Wed May 03, 2017 10:35 am

It's sort-of bad news in that it's still hiccuping, but it's good news in that it's something much more tangibly debuggable. TCP is not supposed to lose data... so either the module is having problems or the code is wrong on the Arduino.

Have you tried the same thing over USB/putty?

PM me your URL and post the zipopen command, with URL omitted of course. I want to validate you're settings.

Miq1

Postby Miq1 » Thu May 04, 2017 12:43 am

donjohnii
Site Admin

Postby donjohnii » Thu May 04, 2017 11:58 am

trying on putty is hard too because you have to have it formatted perfectly (it's the return statements that are the problem). There's a website I use to encode it properly. I use postman typically to do REST calls but you're correct in trying putty through the modem.

I'll have to break this out because it doesn't really make sense that you're having this issue with a TCP based json call

Here's a very short post on putty:

Miq1

Postby Miq1 » Mon May 08, 2017 12:56 am

Miq1

Postby Miq1 » Wed May 10, 2017 1:45 am

I am sorry to report that I will drop the Cell modules in favour of some cheap SIM808-based GPRS modules. I bought one, connected it and it worked like a charm from the beginning, with auto baud rate and all. No data losses even at 9600 baud, the 18KB of the AT+COPN list were received completely. IP connection is working likewise.

My conclusion is that the UART connection to the Cell is suffering from firmware issues inside the module. My recommendation is to urgently address that to ZTE, and in the meantime better not to use the Cell via UART.

It is a pity there was no solution available.

Return to “CELLv1.0”