Module is not awake when connect to arduino uno

The SparqEE CELLv1.0 device.
REGSteve
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Module is not awake when connect to arduino uno

Postby REGSteve » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:34 am

donjohnii
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby donjohnii » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:41 am

So you mean the cellv1.0 works as you got the modem to work via usb? Is that all you got to work thus far?

If there is no program running on arduino 2, how do u expect to communicate? What are you expecting to happen...?

REGSteve

Postby REGSteve » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:51 am

My bad, I will upload a serial.read program to my arduino 2 and try again. Yes, currently i have only tried the modem connection and it works.

REGSteve

Postby REGSteve » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:37 am

donjohnii
Site Admin

Postby donjohnii » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:09 am

I don't think you want to echo on the Arduino2, that's just to test itself... you just need to initialize it in order to use it as a USB-Serial converter. I think, I haven't done that.

The test for the Arduino2 for the final configuration - you should be able to see an echo only if you jumper TX to RX. Then on the actual setup, with the same initialization code, you should be passing TX to the Arduino1 and RX should come back in from the Arduino1 TX which is read and seen on the Arduino2 console. That should be the setup for the Arduino2 acting as a USB/Serial converter.

REGSteve

Postby REGSteve » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:53 am

So you mean like this?

Arduino 2 TX <----> Arduino 1 RX
Arduino 1 TX <----> Arduino 2 RX

donjohnii
Site Admin

Postby donjohnii » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:02 pm

REGSteve

Postby REGSteve » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:09 am

Thanks for the help!! Finally got it to work. Connected the 5v from arduino to Vo instead of Vref. I think the arduino to arduino method is not safe as some of the data coming through are missing. I used the TTL to USB cable instead.

Return to “CELLv1.0”