GET call to stores value

The SparqEE CELLv1.0 device.
Lucadp

GET call to stores value

Postby Lucadp » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:11 am

Hello everyone! I'm working with Sparqee cell v1.0 for a practical course in my University. My project is to read value from an Arduino board and to send this value to a database.
To begin I write a php page that stores in .txt file values that I pass with URL call in Browser.

The site is 130.206.127.66/scrivi.php and for store value I must write this URL:

130.206.127.66/scrivi.php?nome=luca&cognome=pippo

I am using AT commands, but I don't understand how send GET request:

AT+ZIPCFG=ibox.tim.it //set APN to connet to network
AT+ZIPCALL=1 /start call
AT+ZIPOPEN= 1,0,130.206.127.66,80 // connect to server
AT+ZIPSEND=1/ starting sending

>GET /scrivi.php?nome=luca&cognome=pippo HTTP/1.1
Host:130.206.127.66

I received an ok as answer from Cell, but my .txt file don't get the value. Can someone help me?

Sorry if my english is not so good.

donjohnii
Site Admin

Re: GET call to stores value

Postby donjohnii » Fri May 13, 2016 6:07 pm

I believe you've got everything setup properly, but the tricky part is the GET statement itself. I believe you have the code right, it's probably the newlines.

Convincing the built-in web call of legitimate web syntax is tricky the first time.

You might want to eliminate the query parameters and view your apache log, typically in /var/log/apache/access.log or it could be httpd instead of apache. If your webserver is getting hit then you'll see it there. Once you get to the server, then add the query params back in.

Did you carefully follow the instructions and use putty? -
At www.asciitohex.com, paste the above (with newlines) into the "Text" box and hit "Convert". Press the "Copy to Clipboard" button under "HTML Entities". Paste the output to your putty session in the above example for "QUERY".

donjohnii
Site Admin

Re: GET call to stores value

Postby donjohnii » Fri May 13, 2016 6:08 pm

The issue is typically in the newlines being interpreted correctly by the module.

Return to “CELLv1.0”