PPP over UART?

The SparqEE CELLv1.0 device.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jsharper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

PPP over UART?

Postby jsharper » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:00 pm

Hello
I've successfully made a PPP connection to T-Mobile US from a Win7 host connected to the CELLv1.0 via USB, so I know it is possible through this device. However, I'm trying to replicate the same success from a RPi via the UART connection through the RPi shield. I can initiate the connection by setting up the APN (+CGDCONT) and dialing via ATD*99# and I get a CONNECT from the modem, but I can't get pppd to actually be able to speak ppp to T-Mobile. I am trying to troubleshoot to determine if it is some issue with pppd being unable to talk through /dev/ttyAMA0 for some reason, or if I have to do something special to get the CELLv1.0 to patch the ppp convo through the UART interface.

Has anyone successfully attached their RPi's Linux TCP/IP stack to a carrier via the RPi shield?

donjohnii
Site Admin

Re: PPP over UART?

Postby donjohnii » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:43 pm

donjohnii
Site Admin

Re: PPP over UART?

Postby donjohnii » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:19 pm

I was able to attack the PPP connection and came up with a pretty clean solution. It doesn't get down to the ppp configs and doesn't even have to go as far as wvdial, but it seems to work consistently.

Brief (Raspberry Pi and Linux):

Full information:

-Chris

Return to “CELLv1.0”